Sunday, July 24, 2011

Misconceptions - C. Hayes

After her parent’s divorce, Gabrielle is sent to live with her dad in a one bedroom apartment and that’s where she starts acting out. She begins staying out late, sneaking boys in the apartment when her dad isn’t home, getting tattoos, and piercings. Her sister, Dee went to live with her mom, but they kept a close relationship through it all. All of her wild ways seem to come to an end when she met Tre’ Johnson. Tre’ Johnson works as a general manager of a local mortgage company, single, and no kids which seem like a perfect match for Gabrielle. Gabrielle soon finds out what glitters isn’t always gold.


After reading this book the first thing that came to my mind was a quote from Maya Angelou - "The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them." As much as I wanted to scream or shake the hell out of some these characters, I was sadly reminded that incidents like this goes on every day. I could definitely relate to this story, because I have been in a few situations like this or knew people that have went through it. Sometimes we chose to ignore that silent alarm that goes off warning of us impending heartbreak, but no matter what there is always a lesson in our suffering.

There were a few typos and grammatical errors in this book, but it didn’t affect the flow of the story. I would definitely recommend this book for young adults and adults as well. Maybe reading this book will save a few young adults from making some unnecessary mistakes.

4 out 5 Stars 


Disclaimer: I was not compensated for my review. My thoughts on this book were in no way influenced by the author or publicist. Thank you Author C. Hayes for giving Book Referees the opportunity to review your book.

1 comment:

  1. This sounds like a great book and one that I should really read right now! I will put this on my to read list!

    ReplyDelete

Linkin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS