Sunday, September 9, 2012

Homecoming Weekend - Curtis Bunn




Homecoming Weekend gives readers an inside look of what happens when friends, lovers, and enemies reunite for Homecoming Weekend. Get prepared to be glued to your seat when you begin reading this book. I didn’t attend a Historic Black College so I was unfamiliar with Homecoming, but reading this book I felt as though I was there with the entire inside scoop.
Jimmy & Monica – Married, but they are dealing with the issues of Trust in their marriage. So when jimmy decides to attend Homecoming Weekend alone, this sends off red flags in his wife mind.  Will their marriage be able to survive Homecoming Weekend?

Tranise & Mary – Both of them are dealing with some unresolved issues when it comes to former loves. Will their issues get resolved during this weekend?

Jesse, Don, and Venita – “The 3 Musketeers” - They are dealing with their share of life struggles, so they are looking forward to this weekend as an escape. They soon discover no matter how far you travel, Life isn’t something you can run from.
Catherine & Earl – tries to see if they can experience fireworks during Homecoming Weekend. Will they be able to discover True Love?

Curtis Bunn does an exceptional job of writing an engaging story that has strong characters and tantalizing themes. Every character was dealing with situations I could relate to through experience or experiences of friends/associates. I laughed, I held my breath, and I cried – these characters became my friends. I love when I read a book that makes me excited, and this book definitely did the trick.

I highly recommend this book.

5 Stars

Orsayor

4 comments:

  1. Omg this is a great book, Took my breath away. I wonder if they will make a movie about this, well here you go Tyler Perry a great new movie for you. wow. Loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a good idea Bonnie.. I'm not sure if I want Tyler Perry to touch it.. I love Tyler.. but ummm.. Anway I do believe it would be make a Great Movie...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Who were your favorite characters?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I have a few but my real favorite is: Catherine and earl they were my ablsolute fav's. I love there scenes, love is precious.

      Delete

Linkin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS