Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Someone Bad and Something Blue - Miranda Parker


After a take-in gone wrong, bounty hunter Angel Crawford is persuaded by her boss, Tiger, to take a paid vacation. What Tiger doesn't plan on is Angel becoming involved in a murder mystery surrounding the secretive world of moon shining.
The closer she seems to get to an answer, the more complicated things become. Closets packed with skeletons are jarred open and decade old secrets begin to spill out, until it appears that no one is safe from being taken out to protect the business, even if they are family.
The concept of this book was great. The twists and surprises, and the astonishing connections between characters really kept me guessing. The connection from scene to scene didn't flow very well though and I sometimes found myself wondering if I had missed something. Also, the characters didn't have much depth and I didn't feel that I knew Angel or any of the supporting characters, any better at the end of the book than I did in the beginning.
There were a few grammatical errors and several paragraphs that were repeated in the beginning of the book. That being said, the book was a sequel and I did not read the first in the series, which could have been a factor in making me feel a little lost. Taking that into consideration, I would rate the book a "3".
3 Stars
Gina


Disclaimer: Book Referees was given an Advanced Reader's Copy of this book from the Author. Our thoughts on this book were in no way influenced by the author or publicist. We were not compensated for the review. Thank you for giving Book Referees the opportunity to review your book.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the great review. I appreciate you taking the time to do that. :)

    ReplyDelete

Linkin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS