Monday, February 25, 2013

Review: When Baldwin Loved Brenden - Electa Rome Parks




Electa Rome Parks latest novel, When Baldwin loved Brenden deals with friendship, loss, love, and dealing with our past. Four college friends are reunited after ten years to attend the funeral of their close friend, Rihanna. Even though this group was once unbreakable, it has been ten years since the group has laid eyes on each other. So it leaves the readers with the question – What could have happened to cause this friendship to break apart? Will they be able to reconcile before it's too late?

Anytime I open an Electa Rome Parks book I prepare myself to feel an array of emotions, and it wasn’t any different with this book. Remember this is the same Author that introduced readers to Pilar (Diary of a Stalker). Pilar is my all-time favorite character in a fiction book. Enough of Pilar because I can talk about her for hours – Let’s talk about – “When Baldwin Loved Brenden”.

The beginning of the book had me holding my breath as I read the words of the deceased character, Rihanna.  I was quickly reminded how fragile life is.

Mrs. Parks created a cast of characters that readers can easily relate to. I found myself laughing out loud at some of the interactions between the characters, and holding my breath at some of the moments of love.  Electa did a beautiful job of capturing raw emotions of each character. This is one of the many reasons I love Electa Rome Parks.

There were a few simple errors I found in the book that I wished were caught during the last stage of editing, but even with that being said it never stopped the flow of the story.  As for the surprise element at the end of the novel it could have been omitted. I felt the story had enough substance without including that one sentence. If you want to know what I’m talking about read the book.

I recommend this book for your reading pleasure.

Orsayor










No comments:

Post a Comment

Linkin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS