Monday, February 24, 2014

Review: Just Between Us - Adrienne Thompson, Selena Haskins, TM Brown, Janice Ross, Nicole Dunlap, Tamika Christy


REVIEW


I had a hard time thinking about what to say about “Just between Us"... I do love reading about the lives and struggles that women go through, but I guess I didn’t get enough information out of each story. I felt like I needed to read more. I’m feeling that short stories are not my type of reading. I like when a writer breaks it down, and you just can’t put the book down.

My favorite was the story by Tamika Christy called “For the Love of You." After I read her story, I had a lot of information about her life, and I could relate to a lot of it. She talked a lot about her parents and her relationship with them. I understood what her values in life were.

Overall, all the stories were good. It’s something to read about what other women go through and how They relate to you and your life.

I give “Just Between us” 4 stars.


4 Stars

Vicki

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, short stories can be tough. I initially steered away from them because I didn't think I could get enough from each one to make it worth my while. But the number of authors on this one is a deterrent for me. I changed my mind about short stories once I read Krik?Krak! by Edwidge Danticat. I haven't read Interpreter of Maladies by Jhumpa Lahiri but it has gotten rave reviews if you're still looking to give short stories a try.

    ReplyDelete

Linkin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS