Friday, January 31, 2014

Review: Letting Go - Belinda Tors

In Lois’s group, several members who had left their husbands returned because they couldn’t make it on their own. But I had taken the chance. Other women had made it. I believed I could, too.… 

Margery Arturo has two children and an abusive husband, Tony. Finally, summoning her courage and her meager resources, she leaves her husband of twenty years while he is away on a business trip out of state. With her teenage daughter, Lola, Margery manages to find an apartment and get a job at a women’s shelter as a counselor. Things are starting to look up. But Tony continues to follow her wherever she goes and turns up at their daughter’s school. He makes threats and refuses to give her child support and monies he owes her in a divorce settlement. Margery soon learns that leaving a violent husband has more risks than possibly getting beaten up or killed after she departs. Will Margery be able to make it on her own? 

Letting Go is a compelling novel that takes a hard look at the obstacles women face when trying to escape an abusive relationship—and one woman’s determination to break the cycle of abuse once and for all. - Amazon



REVIEW


I had to start over twice because I wasn’t able to keep up with the characters at first. Once I did and got past the first few chapters, I was moving right along.

I enjoyed this book. It’s a testimony to women that we don’t have to stay in an abusive relationship. There are so many resources out there for women to get help, we just need to do a little research and find them.

This character was tired of being hit and abused, and she shows us that there is a way out. She took us through her struggles during and after her marriage. I felt like I was there with her at times. Coming from an abusive relationship myself, I could definitely relate.


4 Stars

Vickie


No comments:

Post a Comment

Linkin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS