Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Review: Cookin' With Coolio - Coolio

THERE'S ONLY ONE THING THAT COOLIO'S BEEN DOING LONGER THAN RAPPING: COOKING

Coolio started making thirty-minute meals when he was ten years old and has since developed a whole new cuisine: Ghetto Gourmet. His recipes are built around solid comfort foods with a healthy twist that don't break the bank. Start your Ghetto Gourmet adventure with some "Soul Rolls," follow-up with "Finger-Lickin', Rib-Stickin', Fall-Off-the-Bone-and-into-Your-Mouth Chicken," and fi nish off with "Banana Ba-ba-ba-bread" sweetened with golden honey. Chapters such as "How to Become a Kitchen Pimp," "Chillin' and Grillin'," and "Pasta Like a Rasta" will guide you through creating 5 star meals at a 1 star price. You can't fi nd fusions like Blasian (black Asian) or Ghettalian (ghetto Italian) in restaurants, but you can have them cooking away in your kitchen faster and easier than ordering takeout. As Coolio says, "All you need is a little bit of food, and a little bit of know-how."
 
 
 
REVIEW
 
When you think of Coolio, you think of his musical hits such as Gangsta Paradise, Fantastic Voyage, and 1,2,3,4 (Sumpin New) - You definitely can't forget his outrageous hairstyle... While surfing Youtube, I came across his Channel, Cookin' With Coolio (My Damn Channel). I wasn't sure if it was a real cooking show or a comedy skit, but I continued to watch. He was cooking his famous dish named Soul Rolls. The recipe was so simple I decided to head to the grocery store and make some Soul Rolls. Soul Rolls are a hit in The Simmons Family Household, when I heard of Coolio's cookbook, it was definitely something I was eager to check out.

The recipes in this cookbook are very easy to follow. I also loved that he used ingredients you can find on your shelf at home. I dislike when I get a new cookbook and have to search specialty shops just to get one or two ingredients. The meals I tried turned out perfect... If you are looking for dinner ideas.... Check out Cookin' With Coolio.
 
 
4 Stars
 
Orsayor 
 


1 comment:

  1. I will be adding this one to my to get list. Thank you for reviewing it.

    Ollie Moss

    ReplyDelete

Linkin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS