Friday, July 19, 2013

Review: Diary of A One Night Stand - Alexandrea Weis

Resilient and practical, Kara Barton has continually strived to live a respectable life. She went to college, embarked on a promising career as an attorney, married a great guy, and always appeared to be the perfect wife and mother. But all is not what it seems, and the troubling past Kara has been running from her entire life is about to catch up with her. Urged on by her insecurities about growing older, and desperately wanting to feel one more night of passion, Kara agrees to share a tryst in a hotel room with a sexy business associate, Scott Ellsworth. But Scott wants more than one night together, and Kara quickly discovers it is impossible to resist him. Soon Kara finds herself transformed into the kind of woman she vowed never to become, and the secure world she has struggled all her life to build begins to fall apart. Kara Barton is about to find out how a one-night stand can change everything.

 
REVIEW
 
This book was just okay for me, Kara’s character just came across as very nonchalant to me. She was just too preoccupied with getting older and her own wants and needs. It was like one minute she was content with her life and then "Bam” a switch was flipped and she felt as if she deserved more.
I can understand the husband being crabby at times, but maybe it was due to the fact that he couldn't return to his job after his health problems. I felt like Kara was the main contributing factor of all their relationship problems, and the main reason why things turn out how they do in the end.
The overall progression of how things played out just seemed unrealistic in my opinion. The main problem I had with this book was the way the author felt the need to go into way to much detail while describing really expensive items.  For example: a car that gets mentioned at one point. I didn't feel (as a reader) that I needed to know the precise model of the car or how expensive an item looked. It just didn't seem overly important to the plot in my opinion.
Overall, I enjoyed the story and liked that I was way off when it came to the ending. I was pleasantly surprised with the ending.
 
4 Stars
Billie Jo
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Linkin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS